The way to make someone's birthday memorable

As I mentioned yesterday, it was Satolela papa's birthday.
He went to Disneyland under one of the school activities.
Our first idea was to meet at Disneyland after all students were dismissed. (you will see when you read my March 3rd blog)

Instead of Disneyland, we were going our for dinner. He said that he would like to eat Gyoza, or jiao-zi , and veggies.
So I tried to find a restaurant which should offer nice food and have a good reputation around our house. There are many Chinese restaurants in Tachikawa, but it was difficult to decide which is a good restaurant for Gyoza because I have never thought about it.

A restaurant I found on the Internet was very near to Tachikawa station. So Richie and I got together at the station. When I checked the reviews of the restaurant, somehow one of the comments sat on my mind. It said, "it is a Chinese restaurant of the appearance to let you remind of Showa Era retro. "
Anyway I took him there. When I saw the restaurant, I did understand the comment.
The appearance looked really old. I was sure at a glance it was not a suitable place on his birthday. But at the same time, I knew that this kind of the restaurant often offered tasty meal.
I do not know how Richie felt when he was found he was invited such an old dilapidated restaurant on his birthday. I was already ready to move another restaurant, but Richie entered into the cheap restaurant, in other words.
But meals were tasty as I thought. Richie seemed to have a glass of wine or some. So we were looking forward to finding a pub or a bar with atmosphere.
It sleeted when we left the cheap-looking-but-meal-fine restaurant.(to be honest, the owners of this kind of restaurant, which most American might avoid, have peculiar tastes. So food is often tasty in Japan.)

We walked around to look for a bar or a pub. I bundled up, but he started feeling cold. So we decided to head home. If we were lucky, we could have dropped by a nice pub. But of course......there were no pubs or bars along the street to our house.

After all, we got back home. No wine, no cakes for him.
Poor Satolela papa said, "meals were good, but it was a restaurant which sloppy old guys seem to go and eat, wasn't it. And no alcohol and cakes on my birthday??????? And it snowed and cold. "

I understood. So I didn't talk back to him. His only hope was a phone call or a birthday card from his parents.
But.....sorry, dude. No phone call and no birthday card.

He was crying out.
"Nobody remembers my birthday!!!!!"
I started feel rather laughing than sending my sympathies. Hahaha...

I said that it would be still March 2nd for his parents in USA.
But he said that it meant his birthday had passed in Japan.
Poor Satolala papa asked me to upload his picture to let his mom remember his face when he was born.
Here we go.

"Mom, I'm sure I was special."

(monologue)
I'll never marry a guy with such a face.

Later Poor Satolela papa was happy. Because one of his fur daughters came to him and showed him deep affection.
At the end, he said with smile that it was really memorable and nice birthday.
I found an Irish pub near the station. So I promised we are going to have another party.

written by Arwen

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

シャイロ・シェパードファン集合!!

日本の土を踏んだシャイロ・シェパード まとめ